Post-doctoral fellow of the Swiss National Science Foundation
- Sept 2017-Feb 2018 Forschungsstelle für Sozial- und Wirtschaftsgeschichte (FSW), Post-doctoral fellow of the Swiss National Science Foundation (return phase Advanced Postdoc.Mobility)
- Sept 2016-Aug 2017 Department of History of the University of Binghamton and Journal of Women’s History, Postdoctoral fellow in women’s and gender history
- May 2015-Aug 2016 Department of History (Birkbeck College, London), Post-doctoral fellow of the Swiss National Science Foundation (Advanced Postdoc.Mobility)
- Nov 2013-Apr 2015 Department of History of Columbia University, NYC (12 months), Department of History of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (6 months), Post-doctoral fellow of the Swiss National Science Foundation (Early Postdoc.Mobility)
- Nov 2012-Jun 2013 Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Research assistant, “The Reconceptualization of World Heritage (1972-1992)” under the supervision of Aurélie Gfeller
- Sept 2008-Aug 2012 Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Research assistant, “From Relief to Rehabilitation: the History of Humanitarian Organizations’ Programmes on Behalf of Civilian Populations in the Aftermath of the First World War (1918-1930)” under the supervision of Davide Rodogno
- Sept 2007-Aug 2008 Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Teaching assistant, Department of International History and Politics
- Sept 2007-Mar 2013 Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, PhD in International History and Politics
- Oct 2005-Sept 2007 Graduate Institute of International Studies, Geneva, MA in International History and Politics
- Oct 2000-Apr 2005 University of Trieste, Gorizia, BA in Scienze Internazionali e Diplomatiche
Research fields / interests
- 20th century European and international history
- History of international organisations, transnational movements, and NGOs
- Migration and refugee history
- History of humanitarian aid, missions, social reform movements, and philanthropy
- Women’s history and gender history
- “The Dangers of ‘Going Native’: George Montandon and the International Committee of the Red Cross, 1919-1922,” Contemporary European History 25, Special Issue 02, May 2016, 253-274.
- “Dr. Ruth A. Parmelee: Witnessing the Armenian Genocide and (Re)Negotiating the Self,” papier d’actualité, Fondation Pierre du Bois, July 2015.
- “Photography, Cinema, and the Quest for Influence: the International Committee of the Red Cross in the Wake of the First World War,” eds. Heide Fehrenbach and Davide Rodogno, Humanitarian Photography: A History. Series on “Human Rights in History” (New York: Cambridge University Press, 2015): 140-164.
- “International Humanitarian Associations in Poland 1918-1923,” with Davide Rodogno and Shaloma Gauthier, Shaping the Transnational Sphere: the Transnational Networks of Experts (1840-1930), eds. Bernard Struck, Jakob Vogel, and Davide Rodogno (New York: Berghahn Books, 2014): 259-278.
- “Two Eras of Refugee Policy. The Legacies of the League of Nations in the 1940s,” Ideas and Identities. A Festschrift for Andre Liebich, eds. Jaci Eisenberg and Davide Rodogno (Bern: Peter Lang, 2014): 83-101.
- “What Does Transnational History Tell Us About a World with International Organizations? The Historians’ Point of View,” with Davide Rodogno and Shaloma Gauthier, Routledge Handbook of International Organizations, ed. Bob Reinalda (London: Routledge, 2013): 95-104.
- “Biography of Fridtjof Nansen,” IO BIO, Biographical Dictionary of Secretaries-General of International Organizations, online publication.
- “L'humanitaire d'après-guerre: prisonniers de guerre et réfugiés russes dans la politique du Comité international de la Croix-Rouge et de la Société des Nations,” Relations internationales 151, no. 3 (2013): 63-75.
- “Humanitaire et politique, in medias res: le typhus en Pologne et l’Organisation Internationale d’Hygiène (1919-1923),” Relations internationales 138, no. 2 (2009): 23-38.
Awards / fellowships
- Jan-Aprl 2015 Telluride Faculty Fellowship for winter term, visiting professor, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Sept 2013 Pierre du Bois Prize for the best dissertation in international history and politics at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva
- Apr 2013 Raphael Lemkin Scholarship, Museum-Institute of the Armenian Genocide, Yerevan, Armenia